Notes are for day-to-day recording of information. A record of something you’ve done, an observation in the field, a problem or a reminder of information you may want to refer to later.
You can add more information or discuss notes with comments as well as attach pictures and drawing additional shapes to show where the note applies to with more detail. Notes can be attached to fields or drawn as markers on to your map.
- Tap the big plus (+) Note button at the bottom right.
- Give your note a title, a quick bit of text to make sure you can recognise it in a list later.
- Next you will see that you have the option of Marking the Note as a to-do by adding a due date.
- You can add a description or a photo to your Note. This can be any additional details that you need to share about the work being done. It will appear in the comment section of the note. This starts a discussion which other people on your farm can contribute to.
- Next you can add a location for your Note to your digital farm map.
Drawing a note lets you mark an area as a point, line or area. You can change the location of your note by moving the map so that the marker is in the correct place. You can quickly place the note in your current location by tapping the ‘locate me’ button (which looks like a target). When you are happy with the location for your task tap ‘Create’.
Attach to fields dd to fields lets you add the notes to fields that you have mapped on your farm. Tap ‘Add to fields’ and this will bring up a list of your fields. You can select/deselect individual fields or all of the fields with a particular usage by tapping them. If you prefer to choose your fields on the map you can switch to a map view by tapping the map icon in the bottom. Select fields by tapping on them, they will be highlighted on the map with a white border. You can switch back and forth between the two views and your selections will be maintained. When you are happy, tap ‘Done’
- Tap "CREATE" at the top right of the screen and the Note is complete!
- Now you will now be able to see your note on the Activity list. Open the activity list by dragging the Activity bar at the bottom of the screen. To open a note tap the title on the list. This will open on the comment section. You can view details of the note by clicking the information tab.
Next you can tag a team member to a note in the Info section of the note. When a user is tagged in a note they will receive a notification if they choose notification settings.
- Scroll down the note information to the Tagged title and tap edit. Select the team members you would like to invite and tap save.
- You can invite people that are not currently in your team to join your farm by clicking the button at the bottom of the page (see instructions here).
- Once you have added all the information you need head back (<) to the main map.
- Select the Activity tab on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click ‘+ NOTE’ to start a new note.
- Give your Note a title, a quick bit of text to make sure you can recognise it in a list later.
- Next you have the option of marking the Note as a to-do by adding a due date.
- You can add a description, file or photo to your Note. This can be any additional details that you need to share about the work being done. It will appear in the comment section of the note. This starts a discussion which other people on your farm can contribute to.
- Choose the location of your Note. You can add points, lines, areas anc ricles. Click on the shape that you want to draw and then click on the map to draw. If you are making a line or area double click to finish the shape.
- Tap Save. Your note has now been created.
- (Optional) You can tag people who have access to your farm so they know to look at your note. To do this type select names from the list. You can invite additional people to your farm by selecting + invite (see instructions here).
- Click save to finish. Your note has now been created. Next you will see a screen with your note information. This is where you will see comments, pictures and files that have been added to it.
- Once you have added all you want - head back (<) to the main map. You will now be able to see your note on the Activity list.