- Tap on the blue + button at the bottom right of the screen and select ‘Plan a task’.
- Enter a title for your task, a quick bit of text to make sure you can recognise it in a list later.
- Below you will see options for adding a location, setting a due date and tagging team members.
- To add a location you have three options: 'Place pin on map', 'Add to field' and 'Draw on map'.
Place pin on map allows you to place your task as a pin on the map. You can change the location of your task by moving the map so that the marker is in the correct place. You can quickly place the note in your current location by tapping the ‘locate me’ button (which looks like a target). When you are happy with the location for your task tap ‘Create’.
Add to fields lets you add the task to fields that you have mapped on your farm. Tap ‘Add to fields’ and this will bring up a list of your fields. You can select/deselect individual fields or all of the fields with a particular usage by tapping them. If you prefer to choose your fields on the map you can switch to a map view by tapping the map icon in the bottom. Select fields by tapping on them, they will be highlighted on the map with a white border. You can switch back and forth between the two views and your selections will be maintained. When you are happy, tap ‘Done’.
Draw on map allows you to draw multiple points, lines or areas on your farm map. You also have the option of drawing by walking or driving (learn how here).
- Set task due dates by inputting a date and time. When you set a due date you will automatically set a reminder on your phone.
- Tag team members to allocate farm jobs. Select the team members you would like to complete the tasks from the list.
- Click create when you have finished and you will be taken to view your task details. From here you can add pictures and comments.
- When you've done the work mark it as done by clicking the tick. Your task will now show as completed with the date and time it was done on its details and activity log.
- Open the Activity tap from the left-hand menu and click on the ‘TASK’ button. ,
- Give your task a title
- You can give your task a location by attaching it to a field, drawing a location on the map or both.
Attach to field: Click the ‘ATTACH TO FIELDS’ button. This will open a list of your fields grouped by usage (learn how to set field usages here). You can select/deselect individual fields or all of the fields with a particular usage by clicking the checkbox. If you prefer to choose your fields on the map you can click on your fields on the right of the screen. Selected fields will be highlighted in white on the map. When you are happy, tap ‘DONE’.
Draw the location for your task on the map. To do this select if you want to draw a point, line or area and click on the map to add points.
- (Optional) Set a due date and tag members of your team who need to do the work.
- Click ‘CREATE’.
- You will then be taken to view your task, from here you can add pictures and comments.
- When you've done the work mark it as done by tapping the 'MARK AS DONE' button. Your task will now show as completed with the date and time it was done on its details and activity log.